Things You Need to Know about iPhone’s AirDrop
Sure, transferring files from each of your Apple gadgets to another is easy enough, especially if they’re saved on your iCloud or iTunes. In fact, no transferring has to be done in this case – only syncing. But
when it comes to files being transferred from your gadget to another person’s Apple gadget, then that’s a different story altogether.
This is why Apple has come up with yet another brilliant solution to their loyal customers’ needs. Introducing the AirDrop.
What does it do?
Simply put, AirDrop allows different Apple gadgets – like iPhones and iPads – to transfer data to one another. It uses Bluetooth 4.0 to connect the gadgets to each other, then takes advantage of your Wi-Fi signal to transfer the data needed.
What kind of data are we talking about? A lot! Experts that sell iPhones and iPads say that some of the most transferred data via AirDrop are videos, photos and contact details. Other information you can send would be map locations, voice memos, Passbook passes, and a whole lot more.
How is it activated?
Apple has made it easier for people to transfer data via AirDrop.
1. Swipe up from the bottom part of your screen to launch your Control Center.
2. Check on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Are they active? Make sure they are on. Take note that you do not have to be connected to a specific Wi-Fi network for this to work. You just need to have your Wi-Fi turned on.
3. Tap on the AirDrop icon.
4. Choose Contacts Only if you only want to enable data transfer between you and another person in your contact list. If you’re okay with data transfer from people who are not on your contact list, then you can choose Everyone.
5. Should you decide to go with Contacts Only, make sure your iCloud account is logged in. This is to ensure that no data gets leaked, as iCloud has its own encryption setting when used for AirDrop.
Now that your AirDrop is enabled, you can easily transfer files from your own device to another person’s.
How do you use it?
Once AirDrop is activated, transferring files is pretty easy.
1. Find the file you want to transfer.
2. Tap on the Share button.
3. Find the person and the device where you want to send it. If the person on your contact list has multiple devices showing up, make sure you choose the right device name.
And just like that, the file will be transferred to the recipient’s Apple device. It’s hassle-free, and it gets rid of the inconvenience of having to send them through email or any other means. Especially for large file sizes, this takes away the inconvenience of using third party apps.
Since it was first introduced, AirDrop has enjoyed quite a following. After all, the kind of convenience it brings is something that no other app can give. Especially for Apple users, this has made it even more convenient to use iPhones and iPads over any other gadget.