How to Remotely Turn Off Find My iPhone
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
The iPhone is considered as one of the leading smartphones today. Everywhere around the world, you see people with the latest iPhone models – clear evidence that the iPhone is one of the dominating smartphones in the industry, with other brands such as Samsung and Huawei trailing closely behind.
The industries that sell cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other gadgets are familiar with the many reasons why the iPhone is on the lead. It prides itself in being one of the most user-friendly phones around.
Another boosting factor is its speed. iPhones perform faster than Android phones in tasks such as video editing or opening large files. Just ask the avid gamers who can attest to the speed of the iPhone. All these reasons contribute to why the iPhone is leading the smartphone industry.
More than all of this, its topnotch security is something that everybody appreciates the most.
The iPhone boasts of multiple layers of security features that protect your device and your personal information. If your iPhone gets lost or stolen, an activation lock can be turned on. This will block the use of your device and ensure the safety of your personal information. In addition to that, with Find My iPhone, you are able to form a perpetual link between your device and your iCloud account. As this feature is password protected, turning off this feature can only be done by the owner. If you are an iPhone owner, this feature is definitely something you would want turned on, as it gives you more security and control over your phone.
However, there are some cases when you need to turn off this feature, like when you are ready to give it away or when you want to sell your iPhone and trade in for a newer model. If you are unable to access your device, relax. You can simply turn off Find My iPhone using other devices. Here’s a quick and easy way to turn off Find My iPhone remotely on iCloud:
- Using any device, desktop, laptop, or tablet, go to iCloud. Access your account by signing in your Apple ID and password.
- You will see “All Devices” on the top center of the screen. Click on it.
- Select the device you intend to turn off.
- A new window will pop up. It will show the device you selected. Disregard this window and go back to the center of the screen.
- You will notice that the device’s name you intend to turn off would appear there instead of “All Devices”. Click the drop down button and the list of devices will appear again.
- You will notice an x button next to the device you intend to turn off. Click “x”.
- A notice will pop-up with two buttons saying “Cancel” and “Remove”. Click on “Remove” and you are done.
Find My iPhone truly makes more iPhone users feel more secured with their phone and the personal information that it holds. Whatever your reasons are in turning off this feature, knowing these easy steps will surely come in handy for iPhone users.