Samsung Galaxy Note 9 vs. Apple iPhone X: The $1000 Face-Of
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
Samsung’s latest product, the Galaxy Note 9, is counting on its larger screen and state-of-the-art features as it contends with Apple’s iPhone X before the latter announces a new iPhone model in a few weeks.
You can now sell your tablet if you are going to choose Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9 over Apple’s iPhone X. This is because this device is considered as a “phablet”, a phone and tablet in one. Both Samsung and Apple’s offerings have a price tag starting at $1000.
What It Looks Like
- Dimensions – The Galaxy Note 9 is 6.4 inches and weighs 201 grams while the iPhone X is 5.8 inches and weighs 174 grams.
- Appearance – Samsung’s latest product is housed in an aluminum frame. It has four available colors: midnight black, metallic copper, lavender purple and ocean blue. On the other hand, Apple’s iPhone X has a stainless steel frame and comes in silver and space gray.
- Display – Both smartphones have a similar type of OLED display. The Galaxy Note 9’s display is a bit sharper at 516 pixels per inch while the iPhone X is at 458 pixels per inch.
- Battery – The Galaxy Note 9 has a 4,000-mAh battery while the Apple’s iPhone X has a 2,716-mAh battery.
- Storage – The storage capacity for the Galaxy Note 9 starts at 128 GB and can still be expanded with the use of a MicroSD card. The iPhone X’s storage begins at 64GB and has no MicroSD card option.
- Security –The Galaxy Note 9 offers facial recognition and iris and fingerprint scanner. Meanwhile, iPhone X prides itself with its Face ID feature, which creates a detailed depth map of the owner’s face by analyzing 30,000 invisible dots.
- Camera – Both have a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera. In terms of front cameras, Samsung gives you 8 megapixels while Apple has 7 megapixels. The Galaxy Note 9 has an adjustable aperture that performs better in low-light situations while a comprehensive facial mapping and depth-sensing is what the iPhone X promotes.
- Charging – A fast charger is already included when you buy the Galaxy Note 9. But if you go for the iPhone X, you’ll only be bringing home a standard charger. Don’t worry though, you can purchase extra cables and other charging bricks to experience fast charging for this Apple device.
- Wireless Charging – Both smartphones are capable of being charged wirelessly with the use of wireless charging pads. Just so you know, you have to purchase these separately for both devices.
- Water Resistance – These devices from Samsung and Apple are both water-resistant. The Galaxy Note 9’s water resistance rating is IP168 while iPhone X is IP167.
- S Pen – Samsung’s S Pen has the capability of controlling the device’s camera remotely and is included when you buy the Galaxy Note 9. For the iPhone X, there is no special tool like this inside the box.
Choosing what to purchase will depend on you. Just remember to select the device whose features best suits your lifestyle.