Easily Pair Your Apple AirPods with a Windows PC
AirPods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds first released by Apple in December of 2016. Aside from audio play, the AirPods allow you to take phone calls and talk to Siri. In March of 2019, Apple released the second generation of AirPods. While this newer version comes with more advanced features, AirPods remain to be most compatible with other products in the Apple ecosystem.
Does that mean Windows users can’t enjoy this sleek pair of wireless earbuds? Can you really use the AirPods with a Windows PC or laptop? Let’s find out.
Can You Use Apple Airpods with Windows 10 PC?
Apple AirPods are best connected with Apple products. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t use them with Android devices, and yes, even a Windows PC. Just like any other pair of wireless earbuds, the AirPods can be connected to any phone or PC via Bluetooth. The only issue is that you can’t link the device with Siri since it only works when the AirPods are connected to an iPhone or iPad.
There are steps to follow when using the Apple earbuds with non-Apple devices. It may take a few extra steps than when you connect them with your iPhone, but it’s a pretty simple process once you get the hang of it.
3 Easy Steps to Connect Apple Airpods with Windows 10 PC
Connecting Apple AirPods with your Windows 10 PC is as easy as with other devices. Just follow the three steps below to get your earbuds up and running.
1. Place your AirPods in the charging case.
Put your AirPods in the charging case and leave the lid open. Press the circular button at the back of the case and hold it for a couple of seconds until the green light turns to white.
2. Open the Bluetooth settings on your PC.
Open the “Settings” option on your Windows 10 PC, click “Devices,” and choose “Bluetooth & other devices.” Click “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
When the “Add a device” window shows up on your screen, select “Bluetooth.” Click the AirPods option from the list. You will see the message “Your device is ready to go!” if the AirPods are paired correctly.
3. Remove the AirPods from the case.
Get the AirPods from the charging case. You can now enjoy your music hands-free.
Additional Tips When Using AirPods with Windows PC
• Make sure that the AirPods are at least partially charged before pairing.
• Disconnect the AirPods from your iPhone before pairing it with your PC.
• Leave the charging case open so as not to lose the connection between the earbuds and your PC. Close the case if you want to disconnect these two devices.
• The AirPods should automatically connect to your PC when taken out from the case. If they don’t, put them back, close the lid, and reconnect by repeating the three steps above.
• Use a USB Bluetooth dongle if your PC or laptop has no Bluetooth capability.
• If you’re still having trouble connecting the AirPods with your PC or laptop, you can look for the best place to sell a laptop and get a MacBook trade-in. AirPods automatically connect with Apple devices.