Dell XPS 15 2021 Laptop: Best in Its Class
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
The new Dell XPS 15 series laptop just got a whole lot better with its vivid InfinityEdge display, wide range of the latest Intel processor options and eco-friendly materials usage.
Dell has updated their already awesome XPS 15 9500 line with an even better 9510 version in 2021. The new Dell XPS 15 gets an optional 3.5K touchscreen display, NVIDIA RTX 3050 graphics, 11th generation Intel Tiger Lake-H processors, to name a few. But before we dive in, I’d like to remind you that the XPS series laptops are available in 13.3, 15.6 and 17-inch screen size options. So, if you are not sure which one is a better fit, we think you might find our post on Dell XPS Laptops: Which Screen Size Option is Right for You worth checking out. OK let’s take a closer look at the XPS 15 refreshed features.
Looks-wise, the new XPS 15 laptop is pretty much the same as the previous year’s model. According to Dell, their XPS 15-inch laptop is the thinnest and lightest performance laptop on the market right now, weighing only about 4 lbs! The laptop is 18mm tall, encased in lightweight but durable aluminum chassis and has a carbon fiber palmrest. Furthermore, the 92.9% screen-to-body ratio is hard to beat.
Dell XPS 15 Display
As we have mentioned, the XPS screen-to-body ratio is impressive. To date, no other laptop model on the market can top that. And the new four-side InfinityEdge bezel looks practically non-existent.
All XPS 15 models offer 16:10 aspect ratio, but there are three panel options to choose from:
- The traditional FHD (1920 x 1080) screen with 500nits max screen brightness level and 100% sRGB coverage;
- An OLED 3.5K resolution 100% DCI-P3 coverage + DisplayHDR 500;
- And finally the 4K+ screen (3840 x 2400), 500nits and 100% Adobe RGB color.
All three screen configurations offer a vivid, true to life image with a wider color range and a pinpoint accuracy. Which makes the XPS 15 a perfect laptop for digital creators. As we can see, these past few years the XPS has been making a shift from the gaming line into a powerful performance laptop series. Screen panels are anti-reflective and offer a great viewing experience virtually from any angle.
Dell XPS 15 Processors Upgrade
The new 9510 line has been upgraded with the 11th generation Intel Core Tiger Lake-H CPU’s. You can choose from the following options:
- Intel Core i5-11400H 2.60 GHz base speed;
- Core i7-11800H clocks at 2.30 GHz;
- And finally the i9-11900H, a high-end octa-core processor, designed for gaming laptops and workstations; 2.50 GHz base clock speed.
All configurations feature integrated Intel UHD Graphics Xe G4 graphics with optional NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti and RTX 3050 discrete graphics chips, both are 4GB GDDR6. It is worth noting that Dell decided not to add the GPU option to their XPS 13 9310 line however. The 13-inch version is still great for those who need something even lighter and are willing to compromise a tiny bit in terms of performance.
Other XPS 15 features include:
- Fingerprint reader
- UV- and stain-resistant coating
- Top placed HD web camera with IR face recognition
- Killer Wireless Wi-Fi 6 technology
- Dual fans, redesigned to spread the heat over a larger area, making sure the extra thin chassis stay cool during the continuous use:
And just like the last year’s version, the new XPS 15 9510 has a backlit keyboard and a set of MaxxAudio Pro stereo speakers.
RAM memory options range from 8GB to 64GB DDR4. As for storage, the base model starts with 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD Solid State Drive, configurable to a 2TB option.
The base Intel Core i5 model with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage is said to retail for $1249 + tax (currently not available on the Dell website).
Dell uses 25% recycled plastic collected from the ocean shoreline in their packaging trays production (internal laptop holder inserts). The remaining 75% is produced from other recycled plastic components. Furthermore, 90% of the XPS 15 parts can be reused and recycled. The model is free from harmful materials commonly used in laptop manufacturing: mercury, lead, cadmium and some phthalates. It is also EPEAT registered,BFR/PVC-free and ENERGY STAR certified.
We are happy to see that the company takes steps to address the ongoing global recycling crisis, making the pledge to address e-waste by 2030.
Used Dell XPS Laptop Trade In Value
If you are debating your older XPS laptop upgrade this spring, we might have good news for you. You can offset the cost of the new XPS 15 9510 laptop by selling your older Dell, or any other laptop brand for that matter. The newer the model, the more money can still be recovered by opting to Dell laptop trade in online. For example:
- The 2020 Dell XPS 15 9500 Intel Core i5 10th Gen. CPU base configuration yields up to $407 cash offer*. And if you are seriously considering purchasing the newer version, we suggest you hurry up with the sale, as the reselling value will drop once the 9510 model hits the stores.
- The smaller Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 Intel Core i7 10th Gen. CPU convertible model can get you up to $431 money in your pocket*.
- And the somewhat still recent 17-inch addition, Dell XPS 17 9700 Touchscreen Intel Core i9 10th Gen. NVIDIA RTX 2060 used model currently sells for up to $1324.*
Dell XPS 15 is a beautiful high-performance laptop. And while its appearance did not really change this year, latest top-of-the-line hardware components make it a great versatile computer, capable of accomplishing both complex creative design tasks and playing AAA video games. Plus, the 15.6-inch 16:10 aspect ratio screen, enclosed in ultra-thin and light housing, makes it a perfect business travel laptop.
*Priced on 05/16/2021. Subject to change.