Where To Sell a Used MacBook Air Online?
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
You can sell your preowned MacBook Air for cash online, in person, or trade it in for a store credit.
So you are looking for places to sell your preowned MacBook Air? If you don’t want to trade it in for a newer model, selling the laptop online for some cash sounds like a far better option. And when it comes to reselling used Apple products, there are tons of companies and private buyers out there that will gladly take them off your hands. The trick is to pick an option that suits your needs best. This post will explore the ins and outs of selling a used MacBook Air safely and hassle-free.
But before you get rid of your preowned MacBook Air, it is important to get the laptop ready for the new owner. First, save all the files you might need in the future by backing them up to your iCloud account or external storage. Then, reset your MacBook Air to its factory settings. For that, you can use our post “How to Completely Wipe a Mac” as a guide.
Where To Sell a Used MacBook Air?
As we have mentioned, there are plenty of ways to sell unwanted technology, both online and in person. Let’s examine them more closely.
Online Trade-in Programs
Apple has its own trade-in program for eligible devices, available both in-stores and online. Here, sellers are awarded Apple gift cards. Apple Trade-in offers are very competitive, making it an excellent choice for those looking to upgrade their current MacBook Air model.
Some of the downsides are:
- Non-functional / worn Macs have no trade-in value.
- You cannot redeem your gift card for cash.
Alternatively to Apple Trade-in, you can put up your preowned MacBook Air for sale on platforms like eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or OfferUp. Although listing it on a marketplace is time-consuming, especially for first-time users, you will likely sell the laptop for more money. To use most marketplace platforms, you would need to create an account, supply nearly professional photos of your Mac, describe it accurately, cover the shipping cost once it sells, etc. But you can reach more potential buyers through a marketplace.
For the longest time, eBay’s advantage over Facebook Marketplace was a much broader audience. But since Facebook now allows sellers to ship their stuff across the country, you are no longer limited to buyers in your area. But the drawback of both platforms is that there are a lot of scams take place. For example, eBay’s buyer protection policy leaves the seller vulnerable, and many people take advantage of that. So before you settle on eBay, please check the “Is eBay Safe? As a Seller, This is What You Should Know” post from a few months back.
Online Buy-Back Services
Buy-back services are designed to facilitate the entire selling process online. Usually, these buy-back companies have an automated questionnaire to evaluate your used MacBook Air quickly. The main advantage of using a buy-back is a quicker and easier selling process. Here you don’t have to wait around indefinitely for a serious buyer. That is something the company will have to do once they pay you for your used Mac.
Trusted Online Buy-Back Platform: Gadget Salvation
Is Gadget Salvation legit? Since 2008, we have handled countless preowned gadgets getting our customers paid in the process. Our site allows you to sell your laptop, MacBook, iPhone, tablet, iMac, smartwatch, gaming consoles, and more for cash.
We guarantee a streamlined turnaround, free shipping, and multiple payout options to choose from (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, or check). In addition, our estimates are instant, and upfront and inspections are included in the service.
How to Sell a Preowned MacBook Air on Our Website?
- Visit our Sell MacBook page, type in the last three digits of your Mac’s Serial number, and hit Enter. Oftentimes, a Macbook Serial is linked to multiple model configurations. You would need to pick yours based on the storage size, processor type, and speed.
- Next is to answer a preset list of questions about your Apple MacBook Air’s cosmetic and functional condition. The system will give you an estimate automatically, based on the information you provide. If that sounds like a deal, please click on “Add to Cart” to checkout and receive your free shipping label. All is left to do is package your laptop in a sturdy box with plenty of packing materials and drop it off at the nearest UPS store.
- Once your MacBook Air arrives here, we’ll give it a quick but thorough check to ensure its condition matches the information you entered online. And after that, we will issue your payment via the method of your choosing. We try to process all payments as soon as possible, but we typically ask for up to two workdays to process all incoming gadgets.
It is important to mention that failure to disclose any type of hardware or cosmetic damage upfront will result in reevaluation. Our team will reach out via email, notifying you about the inspection outcome if that is the case. Please note that you are not obligated to agree to the reevaluation outcome and can have the device returned instead.
Used MacBook Air Trade-in Value
Several factors determine the resale value of a preowned MacBook Air. For example, release year, model, overall working and cosmetic condition, and even current market demand dictate your final offer.
Here are a few examples of the most frequently purchased models:
- Relatively new Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 2020 with 3.2 GHz M1 chip and 256GB storage in “Flawless” condition resells for $514*.
- A little older Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 2019 1.6GHz Core i5 256GB can yield up to a $371* cash offer.
- And finally, a much older Apple MacBook Air 11-inch Early 2014 1.7GHz Core i7 512GB model still goes for up to to $171 on our site.*
We hope that we could address the “Where to Sell a Used MacBook Air?” question in this post. And if your goal is to sell your preowned laptop in exchange for cash, we think picking an online buy-back is a way to go. For instance, at Gadget Salvation, we ensure a safe and quick sale and offer a number of instant payment options. So, if you have a preowned MacBook Air or any other gadget you want to get rid of, visit our website to see how much it is worth today!