Are Razer Laptops Good?
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
Is Razer a good laptop brand? We hear this question a lot. And the short answer is yes. In fact, Razer laptops are among the best ones money can buy for gaming. However, Razer laptops also serve well for other power-demanding tasks, such as video rendering, graphic design, and complicated multi-media operations. In addition, Razer laptops look great and last long. But what exactly makes a Razer computer great? Let’s dissect this “Are Razer laptops good?” question.
Razer: the Maker of Gaming Laptops (and Other Gear)
Razer Inc was founded in 2005 in San Diego, CA, by Min-Liang Tan (currently CEO) and Robert Krakoff. The company produces consumer electronics, gaming hardware components and provides financial services. Razer is a globally recognized gaming hardware manufacturer with a mission to create high-quality products for even the pickiest gamers.
So What About Razer Laptops? Are They Any Good?
Gamers are Razer’s primary target audience. The company started out focusing solely on making gaming gear and computers with high-resolution screens, backlit keyboards, and accessories to attract the ever-growing gaming community. Lately, however, we can notice that their focus has started to shift toward business professionals and gamers alike. And you can tell by looking at the robust and minimal design of the newest Razer laptops. But performance is still Razer’s top priority. Therefore, a Razer laptop can help users accomplish multiple tasks quickly and efficiently. At the same time, it is powerful enough for the most demanding AAA games.
Razer Laptop Strengths
- Hardware components are designed and made in-house.
- Computers are lightweight and slim but powerful at the same time. The Razer Blade Stealth line is an excellent example of that.
- Capable of running the latest Windows software.
- Great selection of I/O ports, wired and wireless connectivity options.
- Decent cooling system and a sizeable responsive trackpad on every model.
- Third-party peripherals and accessories support (monitors, VR headsets, printers, gaming controllers, flash drives, etc.)
- Razer has joined a vast esports community allowing gamers around the globe to connect and collaborate.
- All Razer notebooks have a standard one-year warranty, including claims support and free two-way shipping for maintenance and repairs. Extend warranty is also available to purchase.
- Price. Razer computers are expensive because of their high-quality components and reputation in the gaming industry.
- There are no mid-tear laptop models available because of the brand’s focus on the gaming niche.
- Keyboard quality. There is not much key travel, which may annoy some users.
- Despite its cooling technology, the Razer is prone to overheating like almost any gaming laptop.
- Because of the fancy hardware, the battery does not last long.
Are Razer Laptops Good in Terms of Resale?
As expected from an expensive and hugely popular gaming brand, preowned Razer laptops hold good value over time. Maybe not as good as Apple, but a used Razer is still worth something years after purchase, unlike some other brands. For example, the Dell G5 5587 gaming laptop from 2018 is barely resellable after a few years of usage, whereas the Razer Blade 15 from the same year has a significantly higher salvage value.
Besides, Razer has started a Green Organization initiative, focusing on reducing the carbon footprint of their tech. And while there is still no trade-in program available, the company encourages users to return their old Razer gadgets to stores for free recycling.
So, are Razer laptops any good? Yes, they are. And while Razer is a brand for gamers, their laptops can be perfect for work and business use. Beautiful design, vivid displays, and plenty of computing power make Razer laptops some of the best on the market today. However, and not surprisingly, they are pretty expensive. For that reason, we suggest buying a used Razer. Even if you decide to upgrade down the line, you should still be able to sell your used laptop for cash.