Dell XPS 9310: How to Pick the Right Option
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
With so many different configurations of this laptop to choose from, how do you pick the right one for you?
In 2020, Dell XPS 13 laptop received major redesign that garnered positive reviews. The latest version as of Fall 2020, Dell XPS 9310, flaunts the same excellent design and updates the computer with Intel’s 11th Gen Tiger Lake CPUs. Dell offers two versions of its ultraportable XPS 13: a standard laptop and a 2-in-1 device. Furthermore, users have several options when it comes to CPU, RAM, SSD, and display resolution. We break down all the options below to help you make the right choice. Also, take a look at our post on the best Dell laptop for home use.
Dell XPS 9310: What’s New
The XPS 9310 keeps all the beloved features of the previous model, such as a larger keyboard, smaller frame, and four-sided InfinityEdge bezels. The laptop boasts a 91.5% screen-to-body ratio and a spacious Precision touchpad. However, Dell XPS 9310 got even better. Whereas the previous model was equipped with 10th Gen Intel processor, the newest 9310 model got a further upgrade with 11th Gen Intel Core CPU options, Iris Xe integrated graphics, faster memory, and Thunderbolt 4 ports. It now also has Wi-Fi 6 wireless connectivity.
Which One to Choose?
As we already mentioned, Dell offers several configurations of its XPS 9310 laptop. Users can mix and match the components to get exactly what they need.
- CPU. For average day-to-day work, the Intel Core i5-1135G7 CPU configuration would be sufficient. It will tackle most tasks with ease. For the best performance possible, go with the Core i7-1165G7 CPU.
- Storage and RAM. These items are fully customizable, as well. For a Core i5 configuration, up to 16GB of RAM and 1TB of storage can be added (upgraded after purchase). For a Core i7 configuration, users can add up to 32GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD. The choice will depend on the nature and intensity of your tasks.
- Display. There are several display options for users to choose from. The basic display option is a non-touch FHD+ display with a matte finish and raised plastic bezel. This would be the cheapest option. Slightly above that is an FHD+ touch display with edge-to-edge glass with no raised bezel. It has a more premium feel, yet comes with a higher price tag. Lastly, there is a 3840×2400 (UHD+) touch option. It has 500 nits brightness, as well as edge-to-edge glass and an anti-reflective layer. This is by far the most high-end option and the pricing is quite steep.
Dell XPS 9310: Pricing
Now, let’s see what the above configurations would cost. For a model with the 11th generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 processor, 8GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x memory onboard, 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, and 13.4″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200) non-touch display you’d pay $1,100.
Dell XPS 9310 model with the 11th generation Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 processor, 8GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x memory onboard, and 13.4″ UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge touch-enabled display currently costs $1,350.
The most expensive model in the entire lineup costs $1,950 and comes with the 11th generation Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 processor, 32GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x memory onboard, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, and 13.4″ UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge touch-enabled anti-reflective 500-nit display.
How Much is Pre-Owned Dell XPS 13 Worth?
If you currently own one of the previous Dell XPS 13 models and want to sell it before upgrading to the latest iteration, Gadget Salvation will offer you the best value. Here are some examples.
- For a fully functioning Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 Intel Core i5 10th Gen. CPU in flawless condition you can receive $350.
- Dell XPS 13 7390 Intel Core i7 10th Gen. CPU in good condition and fully functioning can earn you $389.
- Fully functioning Dell XPS 13 7390 Touchscreen Intel Core i7 10th Gen. CPU in flawless condition is worth $462.
Dell XPS 9310 laptop is a solid choice for students and business professionals alike due to its latest specs, reasonable price, portability, and good performance. With so many configuration options that Dell has to offer, building your perfect laptop is as easy as ever. Are you considering to upgrade to the latest Dell XPS 9310 laptop? If so, you can earn some extra cash towards the new purchase by trade in dell laptop or any other gadget for top value at Gadget Salvation.