How to prepare your gadget to ship to Gadget Salvation
Preparing your gadget before shipping it to Gadget Salvation is easy. We have created a few steps that you must follow in order to prevent issues in the process.
The first step that applies to any type of gadget is to clean your device. This seems like an obvious step but we must mention it. Wiping the surface of your gadget with a damp rag helps remove dust. You can use Windex or any other surface cleaner to clean your screen.
Shipping a PC Computer
- Wipe your laptop surfaces with a damp rag.
- Fully charge your laptop's battery and reset your OS.
- Find a sturdy box, package your laptop with plenty of cushioning material and drop it off at any UPS location.
Resetting your OS (Operating system) is optional but it definitely helps speed up the trade-in process.
Here are detailed instructions on how to reset your OS:
Shipping an iPhone/iPad
Shipping a SmartPhone/Tablet
- Wipe all content and settings from iPhone. Details on how to do so are detailed below.
- Package your iPhone and accessories in a sturdy box using plenty of cushioning material
- Drop it off at any UPS location.