Acer Predator Helios 300: Key Specs and Optimization Tips
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
Acer has found the perfect spot between price and performance with its popular gaming laptop.
If you’re an avid gamer or are currently in the market for a new gaming laptop, Acer Predator Helios 300 has most likely popped up on your radar. Acer has been manufacturing this machine since 2018. In 2020, the laptop has returned in its 3rd generation, boasting a new 240Hz display and additional minor changes, while keeping its reasonable price. Let’s take a closer look at this device’s specs, as well as some optimization tips for the best performance. We’ve also previously reviewed Acer Nitro 5 AN515.
About Acer Predator Helios 300
Acer offers multiple configurations of this gaming laptop. You can pick and choose the graphics, memory, storage, and screen size (15.6” or 17.3”). With the base model starting at just $1,200, this laptop is ideal for budget-conscious gamers who don’t want to compromise on the gaming performance.
The device features modern attractive design and comfortable keyboard with backlit keys. The Helios 300 measures 14.3 x 10.5 x 0.8 inches and weighs 5.5 pounds, so it’s not the lightest laptop out there, but portability is usually not the most important quality of gaming laptops. Acer Predator Helios 300 has enough ports to fulfill your gaming and work-related needs. On the right side, you’ll find a Thunderbolt 3 port, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 port, a Mini DisplayPort 1.4 input and an HDMI port. On the left, there are two USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, a Kensington lock, an Ethernet port, and a 3.5mm headphone audio jack.
The 1920 x 1080-pixel screen the 240Hz refresh rate delivers enough contrast, details, and saturation for both gaming and media entertainment. The laptop uses a dual-fan cooling system with a 4th-gen AeroBlade 3D fan and Acer CoolBoost technology that maximize airflow and minimize noise. So, the Helios 300 won’t ever get too hot. There’s a special Turbo button that will make the fans operate at maximum speed for optimal cooling if the system is overclocked.
If you ever run out of storage, that won’t be a problem. Acer Predator Helios 300 supports up to three drives via two M.2 slots, one of which contains a solid-state drive of your choice, plus a traditional 2.5-inch bay. You can easily add a 1TB or even a 2TB hard drive, a feature not available on most thinner laptops.
How to Optimize Your Acer Predator Helios 300
Here are some steps you can take to get the most out of our Helios 300 gaming laptop.
- Charge the battery to full 100% before playing
- Update all drivers and Windows properly and in a timely manner
- Set up your laptop to use the high-performance power plan of Windows
- For maximum performance, the battery should be set to advanced power options
- Connect your computer to a power outlet directly, without any power adapters
- Select the NVidia video card as the main via the NVidia control panel, so that the games would work with the NVidia video card
- Disable Battery Boost in the NVidia GeForce experience
- Enable “high performance” mode for your Helios 300 in the Power options
- Update your GPU driver by installing the latest AMD/NVIDIA software. That will remove many bugs, improve performance, and optimize gaming experience
- Delete temporary files off of your laptop by searching %temp% and removing the files. This step will require an administrator’s account
- Clear RAM caches to prevent games from shuttering
How Much is Acer Predator Helios 300 Worth?
If you own previous generations of this gaming laptop (or even the most recent one) and you’re thinking of selling it for cash, then Gadget Salvation is here to help. You can easily do Acer trade in for the most value. Here’s some idea of what you can receive for Helios 300.
- For a fully functioning Acer Predator Helios 300 Intel Core i7 10th Gen. CPU NVIDIA RTX 2070 in flawless condition you will receive $712.
- If you’re selling a flawless and fully functioning Acer Predator Helios 300 Intel Core i7 10th Gen. CPU NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti, you can get $561.
- Fully functional Acer Predator Helios 300 Intel Core i7 9th Gen. CPU NVIDIA RTX 2060 in good condition will bring you $467.
The Helios 300 is a very solid gaming laptop that delivers good graphics and doesn’t overheat while gaming. Follow our simple steps above to make sure you get the most out of your gaming laptop and enjoy the ultimate gaming performance.