HP Laptop Trade In: Why, Where, And How to Do It
Give your gadgets a new life.
At Gadget Salvation, our mission is to contribute to the electronics reselling market as much as possible so that we extend the life of our gadgets and diminish waste. Our process is simple and seamless.
Answer a few questions and get an estimate.
Ship your gadget for free.
Get paid within two business days of our receiving your gadgets.
Selling your old HP laptop for cash is as easy as ever.
Considering the relatively short lifespan of modern laptops and how frequently new models are released, most of us probably have used computers laying around. If you’re considering getting an upgrade, but not sure what to do with your old HP laptop, then trade in is a great option to make some extra cash to offset the costs of the next purchase. Read our tips below to make the HP laptop trade in process as easy as ever. Need some information on Apple MacBook trade in? Read our earlier piece about how and where to sell your Apple MacBook.
HP Laptop Trade In: Why Do It
Contrary to what many people believe, laptops don’t lose their value that quickly. Even if your computer is several years old, it can still be worth quite a lot, depending on its condition, specifications, manufacturer, and other factors. There is certainly a viable market out there for pre-owned HP laptops and you shouldn’t hesitate to sell your old device. Just don’t hold onto your device for too long, as it will eventually depreciate in value.
Also, your used laptop may be outdated for you, but it can be beneficial and rewarding for someone else. Trading in your HP laptop is a good way to give back to the society and ensure that your gadget is given a proper home and doesn’t wind up in a landfill. There’s someone out there who can still use your old laptop.
Where to Sell Your HP Laptop
There are multiple ways to trade in your laptop, depending on how much time and effort you want to invest in the process. Thus, we recommend you to check our in deeph guide of which are the best places to HP laptop trade in. For instance, you can embrace the power of social media and sell your old laptop on Facebook, or sell it on eBay, or maybe even sell it directly to a friend. However, here is what we recommend doing.
- Do HP laptop trade in with Gadget Salvation. This is an e-commerce platform that focuses on used electronics and will significantly ease the burden of the trade-in process. All you need to do is answer a few questions about your HP laptop to receive an estimate, ship your computer using prepaid UPS label provided by Gadget Salvation, and receive your payment within a few days. As you can see, the process is super easy and the company is trusted by many customers like you.
- HP trade-in program. The manufacturer has its own official electronics trade-in program, though the process is more time-consuming and you won’t likely receive the best value. However, it’s worth considering, especially if you’re planning on upgrading to another HP product. Additionally, the program is not limited to HP items and accepts electronics from other brands. First, you will receive a quote for your HP laptop trade in. Then, you can choose a new HP product, after which you will ship your trade-in item. The company will send a cash-back allowance check within 6-8 weeks after everything has been received.
HP Laptop Trade In Checklist
So, you’ve decided how you will trade in your used laptop. Here are some things to check before you proceed.
- Back up all your files either on an external storage device or using any cloud storage service. You don’t want to lose any important or sensitive data.
- Deauthorize any software, especially if you will transfer it to your new laptop.
- Format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.
- Test all the ports and connections.
- Test the battery life and charger.
- Clean up your laptop and make it look as nice as possible. Wipe down the screen, clean out the keyboard, and clean out the dust on the inside if you can by carefully popping the laptop open.
HP laptop trade in process is not as difficult as it sounds. Instead of letting your old computer simply lay around and collect dust, sell it for cash. Certainly, one of the best places for laptop trade in is Gadget Salvation. Try for yourself and see how fast, easy, and efficient the process is.